Duration 1 Day or Self Paced Program
Format Face to Face or Distance/Self Paced
We deliver our language and literacy skills training and development course as a 1 day workshop or a as a Self-Paced Distance Learning Package. This training course provides participants with a range of workplace activities to develop and strengthen their skills in addressing language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) in their training environments. This unit forms part of the greater Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
As a trainer you’ll encounter a range of LLN challenges. When it comes to succeeding at work each of us requires different LLN skills depending on the type of roles that we do. Different tasks need different types of reading, writing, listening, speaking and numeracy skills, and workplace trainers must be able to assess these skills and the LLN requirements of the training they provide.
According to Labour Force Australia, ‘more than 4 million employed people (40% of the total workforce) and 360,000 unemployed people (60% of the unemployed population) do not have sufficiently high literacy skills to meet the complex demands of everyday life and work.’
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify existing LLN skills of learners using validated assessment tools
- Determine the LLN requirements of a workplace in line with the Department of Industry & Science Australian Core Skills Framework
- Determine when specialist LLN support is required
- Develop appropriate learning plans
- Revise educational resources to be LLN appropriate
- Apply learning support strategies
Distance Learning/Self Paced - available to purchase now. Please contact us to enrol
& have a Self Paced pack emailed to you: firstname.lastname@example.org
One day workshop from 9:00am - 4:00pm, with assessment tasks completed in own time.
In this unit the learner will:
- identify the core language literacy and numeracy requirements of the training
- source specialist learning support resources
- tailor training and assessment to suit individual skill levels
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be well prepared to meet the language, literacy and numeracy needs of your learners.
Although currently an elective in the TAE40110, in July 2014 TAELLN411 will become a core unit.
Distance Learning/Self Paced Pack - $285.00 (Nationally Recognised training is GST Free)
1 Day Classroom Attendance: $350.00 (Nationally Recognised training is GST Free)
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
No courses currently scheduled, please contact us to express your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
“Well presented, good content.”
“Increased my awareness of adult learning requirements and my role in assisting and supporting."
The facilitator made a ‘dry’ topic very interesting, was friendly and professional and a great trainer.
“Clarity on a topic that I knew about but was unfamiliar with. Discussions were fantastic too!”
“Learnt lots about an area previously unfamiliar with ACSF.”