Duration 9 Months
Format Face to Face
This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical supervisory and management skills to take back to the workplace including:
- Personal skill development in self-awareness, time management, goal setting and stress management
- Leadership and team development skills
- Strategies and tools to create business improvement opportunities
- WHS essentials all managers should know
- Tools for continuous improvement and innovation
- Operational planning
- Customer service strategies and processes
- How to give a professional presentation
One day workshops scheduled approximately one month apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
This qualification is designed for people who are at the first line of management acting in a supervisory role and reporting to a manager. They provide leadership and guidance and take responsibility for a team.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect leadership and management competencies.
4 core units:
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
8 Elective Units:
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Completion of the CIV in Leadership and Management provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to step up into supervisory and leadership roles. For graduates currently in a leadership role this qualification will assist in potential advancement through the organisation.
Graduates can undertake the Diploma of Leadership & Management.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Course Details and Schedule
Course commencing 25 October 2017. Full schedule below.
- Wednesday, 25 October 2017
- Monday, 20 November 2017
- Wednesday, 13 December 2017
- Friday, 19 January 2018
- Thursday, 15 February 2018
- Friday, 9 March 2018
- Tuesday, 3 April 2018
- Monday, 30 April 2018
- Thursday, 24 May 2018
- Wednesday, 20 June 2018
- Thursday, 12 July 2018
- Tuesday, 31 July 2018
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.au click on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.
"captivating and professional presentation”
It is with great pleasure that I offer this testimonial with regard to your captivating and professional presentation at our last Barossa Area Human Resources Network (BAHRN) on the broad subject of leadership. We enjoyed your relaxed approach, which was indicative of your confidence and experience regarding presenting on this subject. Thank you for clarifying the key differences between good and excellent workplaces and, while we were not surprised to see that mutual trust and respect along with building quality working relationships were key components, we appreciated your emphasis on listening and the key attribute of humility. The narratives that you used truly bedded down the major points you were emphasising. Thank you again and we are happy to recommend you as a relaxed, knowledgeable and professional presenter.
Stephen Birch (BAHRN)