Duration 8 Months
Funding No Govt Funding
ASC Training are in the process of applying to add the newly released Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) qualification to our scope of delivery to ensure that we are offering the latest release qualifications. Read about the new TAE40116 here.
Please note that we are no longer able to offer the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
Information about upgrading from TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Since the introduction of the latest Training Package in Training and Education (TAE16) we have been frequently asked what are the implications for holders of the now superseded TAE40110 CIV in Training and Assessment.
What do you need to do?
In July 2017, the Standards for RTOs 2015 were amended to include updated training and assessment credentials (qualifications, skill sets and units of competency) required to deliver training and assessment.
If you currently hold TAE40110 CIV in TAA:
- until 31 March 2019 you are able to continue to deliver VET training and assessment with no additional requirements
- after 1 April 2019 you must also hold TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
These additional units will give you the same status as holding the TAE40116.
You do not need to upgrade to the TAE40116 to continue to deliver VET training and assessment.
ASC Training & Development can help you meet these requirements without having to obtain the TAE40116 CIV in TAA.
We can offer:
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills: ½ day workshop (for registered teachers) or a 1 day workshop or as a Self-Paced Distance Learning Package. This training course provides participants with a range of workplace activities to develop and strengthen their skills in addressing language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) in their training environments.
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools: 2 x ½ day workshops (for registered teachers) or 2 x 1 day workshops. This training course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively design, develop and trial a range of assessment tools to address units of competency. Participants will be required to complete tasks within their workplace.
We can also offer:
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development: this qualification will enable you to deliver training and assessment for the TAE40116 or any Assessor Skill Set from the Training and Education Training Package.
CONTACT US about the above programs.
For your future information:
Hear more about our programs from one our participants, Adelaide Cooper in this video.
- Exceptional and highly sought after facilitator!
- Highly interactive and lots of fun
- Many opportunities to practise new skills
- 100% positive feedback from our clients
Our graduates often tell us that the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course has inspired them to strive to continually develop their training and assessing skills. But this isn’t surprising when you consider the wide ranging benefits of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
What our clients say:
"Pete, thank you for your friendly, understanding nature. You put me at ease." Andrew Adair
"A postive and motivated trainer (Pete) with excellent knowledge & experience." Michael Cane
"Thank you for your passion (Pete) and positive work environment." Steve Croft
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has inspired them to develop their training and assessing skills and has resulted in:
- improved knowledge of the VET sector and how it operates
- greater confidence and competence in presenting to small and large groups
- self-awareness of skills and abilities
- improvement through personal reflection and challenges
- improved planning for structuring programs and sessions
- the development of the skills to effectively engage adults in training
- better understanding of the diverse needs of learners and how to cater for these
- a deeper understanding of assessment processes
- commitment to continuous improvement in training and assessing
- enhanced communication skills
- employment and professional development opportunities
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake a Diploma qualification from the following:
- TAE50310 - Diploma of International Education Services
- TAE50216 - Diploma of Training Design and Development
Regular price: To Be Advised
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Course Details and Schedule
Course not currently scheduled, please contact us to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.au click on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.
"I found the staff extremely professional and willing to assist."
The units taught were engaging and made for a great experience.
"You made a 5 day course that could have been tedious, enjoyable and educational."
I also wanted to thank you for your professionalism and personality. You made a 5 day course that could have been tedious, enjoyable and educational.
As was obviously intended I learnt more from your own delivery than from any content of the course. Congratulations.
"Your sessions have motivated me to become a better trainer."
I even put some of the little "hints and tips" in to a session I ran Tuesday night for my Unit which also helped with my confidence throughout the session.
Thanks Pete, I appreciate your assistance.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it was very worthwhile"
No I don’t need to discuss – only to pass on my thanks and appreciation – I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it was very worthwhile- from a theoretical and practical viewpoint. I’ve learned much and can use the skills and knowledge gained within the workplace.
Manager - Audio Transcription Services
"I've had an amazing time progressing through my Certificate IV Training and Assessment with ASC"
I thought it appropriate to let you know that I've had an amazing time progressing through my Cert IV TAE with ASC, am about to embark on the Dip. Management (obviously) and am investigating Skills for all and likely to take on a Diploma of Project Management through ASC later in the year.
I've found all the staff that I've had interaction with to be highly professional, focussed on the candidates and our needs and extremely knowledgeable which makes undertaking study much less of a chore. Thanks so much to you and the team at ASC.