Duration 8 Months
Funding No Govt Funding
Learn more about this program from our facilitator, Pete Oborn in this video.
Hear more about this program from one our participants, Adelaide Cooper in this video.
- Exceptional and highly sought after facilitator!
- Highly interactive and lots of fun
- Many opportunities to practise new skills
- 100% positive feedback from our clients
Our graduates often tell us that the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course has inspired them to strive to continually develop their training and assessing skills. But this isn’t surprising when you consider the wide ranging benefits of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
What our clients say:
"Pete, thank you for your friendly, understanding nature. You put me at ease." Andrew Adair
"A postive and motivated trainer (Pete) with excellent knowledge & experience." Michael Cane
"Thank you for your passion (Pete) and positive work environment." Steve Croft
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) qualification is a compulsory requirement for trainers and assessors who operate in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. This includes everyone engaged in the training and/or assessing of participants towards nationally recognised qualifications, skill sets or units of competency.
ASC Training are in the process of applying to add the newly released Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) qualification to our scope of delivery to ensure that we are offering the latest release qualifications. Read about the new TAE40116 here.
To ensure a smooth transition to the new qualification for all participants, we plan to deliver the following units in our next program:
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
This training and development course gives learners a wide range of practical tools to use in designing, delivering and evaluating training and assessment in the VET sector, including:
- Planning, preparing, delivering and evaluating training for individuals and groups
- Presentation skills
- Unpacking training packages
- Working within the VET framework
- Designing and contextualising learning programs
- Assessing learner needs and performance
Learners will have the opportunity to practise and develop their training and assessment skills in a supportive environment. They will engage in two-way feedback with facilitators and other learners to maximise the learning experience to ensure that participants get the most out of their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
Due to the practical nature of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course, employers and employees alike are sure to see significant professional benefits as a result of attending this course.
One day workshops scheduled approximately 4-5 weeks apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification however the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment requires the learner to read, interpret and produce complex documents.
This qualification is designed for enterprise trainers/assessors, registered training organisation (RTO) trainers/assessors, training advisers or training needs analysts and vocational education teachers.
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has inspired them to develop their training and assessing skills and has resulted in:
- improved knowledge of the VET sector and how it operates
- greater confidence and competence in presenting to small and large groups
- self-awareness of skills and abilities
- improvement through personal reflection and challenges
- improved planning for structuring programs and sessions
- the development of the skills to effectively engage adults in training
- better understanding of the diverse needs of learners and how to cater for these
- a deeper understanding of assessment processes
- commitment to continuous improvement in training and assessing
- enhanced communication skills
- employment and professional development opportunities
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake a Diploma qualification from the following:
- TAE50310 - Diploma of International Education Services
- TAE50211 - Diploma of Training Design and Development
- TAE50111 - Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
Regular price: $2,850.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Course Details and Schedule
Course not currently scheduled, please contact us to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.au click on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.
"I found the staff extremely professional and willing to assist."
The units taught were engaging and made for a great experience.
"You made a 5 day course that could have been tedious, enjoyable and educational."
I also wanted to thank you for your professionalism and personality. You made a 5 day course that could have been tedious, enjoyable and educational.
As was obviously intended I learnt more from your own delivery than from any content of the course. Congratulations.
"Your sessions have motivated me to become a better trainer."
I even put some of the little "hints and tips" in to a session I ran Tuesday night for my Unit which also helped with my confidence throughout the session.
Thanks Pete, I appreciate your assistance.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it was very worthwhile"
No I don’t need to discuss – only to pass on my thanks and appreciation – I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it was very worthwhile- from a theoretical and practical viewpoint. I’ve learned much and can use the skills and knowledge gained within the workplace.
Manager - Audio Transcription Services
"I've had an amazing time progressing through my Certificate IV Training and Assessment with ASC"
I thought it appropriate to let you know that I've had an amazing time progressing through my Cert IV TAE with ASC, am about to embark on the Dip. Management (obviously) and am investigating Skills for all and likely to take on a Diploma of Project Management through ASC later in the year.
I've found all the staff that I've had interaction with to be highly professional, focussed on the candidates and our needs and extremely knowledgeable which makes undertaking study much less of a chore. Thanks so much to you and the team at ASC.