Duration 1 Day
Format Face to Face
- Do you need to convince others in the Department about the merits of your project?
- Do you believe that a good idea sells itself?
- Are you intrigued at the rapid rise through the Department of some colleagues?
- Are you sometimes frustrated by the ‘invisible road blocks’ that get in the way of your good ideas or proposals?
- Do you resent managers who seem to take no action against ‘problem’ staff?
- Do you avoid office politics at all costs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, spend a day with ASC Training & Development to explore the critical role Political Nous (or Savvy) plays in public sector life.
- Defining organisational politics
- What is your political style?
- Manipulation versus influence
- A model of political skills types
- Political nous and organisational values
- Identifying the stakeholders
- Political agendas
- Power and forming alliances
- Bargaining and negotiating
In this course we distinguish between the Machiavellian behaviours of manipulative employees and the behaviours of Ethical Influencers.
Past participants have shared that they will:
- be more aware of political implications at work
- develop stronger strategic work relationships
- use tools supplied to evaluate the political terrain
- consider more broadly all stakeholders
- ask the right questions
$396 (inc GST)
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive leadership experience
- all learning materials
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
No courses currently scheduled, please contact us to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000