Duration 12 Months
Format Face-to-Face and Online
This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
The Diploma of Training Design and Development as delivered by ASC Training & Development is a nationally recognised course that meets the Australian Qualifications Framework standards.
11 full day workshops scheduled approximately 4-5 weeks apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside a minimum 20 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification; however, the achievement of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is considered an appropriate preferred pathway. Extensive experience in the workplace with competency based training and assessment is also considered essential.
This qualification is made up of 10 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect key training and assessing competencies.
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Effective training and assessment practices underpin the achievement of business outcomes. Effective workplace training programs provide benefits for both the business and the individual employee. As workplaces become increasingly complex and needing to respond to change, there is higher demand for staff with effective training and learning skills and opportunities.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete the qualification:
- registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- training adviser or training needs analyst
- leading, mentoring and providing advice to other trainers and assessors
- training and assessment designer
- Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake:
- higher qualifications in the TAE10 Training Package
- higher qualifications in the Training Package area of their vocational competence
- higher qualifications in the higher education sector.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Course Details and Schedule
No courses are currently scheduled. Please see below to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.au click on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.