Duration 1 Day (9am-4.30pm)
Format Face to Face
No matter what your role is in an organisation, this one-day event provides both a legal and psychological perspective in what to do and what to avoid when dealing with a mental health concern. The workshop will take both a preventative stance, and provide practical tips on how to lead a conversation about mental health and individual underperformance. Dealing with workers compensation claims associated with mental illness will also be explored.
With leading subject experts, participants will walk away with a sound understanding of:
- Financial costs of mental health issues and the consequences of not managing mental health difficulties.
- Legal context surrounding mental health, poor performance and workers compensation claims.
- Common issues encountered when managing complex mental health workers compensation cases and tips for managing them.
- Methods to deal with individual performance when the root cause is associated with a psychological injury or episode.
- How to have difficult performance discussions when underlying sensitivities such as mental health exist.
We have assembled a team of subject experts who specialise in assisting individuals and employers to improve work performance where mental health issues exist.
Our speakers include:
- Luke Broomhall & Samantha Young, Directors, Broomhall Young Psychology
- Will Snow, Senior Associate, Finlaysons Lawyers
- Alex Dickinson, Learning & Development Consultant, ASC Training & Development
$440 (inc GST)
$396 (inc GST) for SISA members
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at session
- course learning materials
- Certificate of Attendance
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
This course is not currently scheduled. Please click below to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000