Duration 1/2 Day
Format Face to Face
Under the new WHS Act the role of the WHS Officer has changed significantly. They are no longer appointed but are defined by their role to make or participate in decisions that affect the business. There is no opting out or delegation of the role of the Officer and penalties for non-compliance have been altered significantly.
This half day interactive workshop will provide an introduction to and overview of WHS. It includes practical and easy to use checklists and templates.
This session explores your legislative duty as well as the responsibilities of the PCBU and others.
Methods of showing and verifying due diligence will be workshopped.
For in-house/group bookings the course can be delivered at a client's premises.
This workshop will cover:
- How the role of the Officer is defined by the WHS Act and who it applies to
- The role of the Officer and the responsibilities and duties required for compliance
- Specific WHS information that officers may require for their roles
- WHS legislative framework
- Legislative update
- Compliance gap analysis
- Strategies to address and embed compliance gaps
- How to verify you are exercising due diligence
Participants will take away a clear breakdown of current WHS legislation and the impact of this legislation in the workplace. Key roles and responsibilities of Officer are explained and tools provided to manage WHS processes.
$220 + GST
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive experience
- all learning materials
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- Certificate of Attendance
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Course Details and Schedule
This course is currently not scheduled.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000