Hear more about our programs from one our participants, Adelaide Cooper in this video.
– Exceptional and highly sought after facilitator!
– Highly interactive and lots of fun
– Many opportunities to practise new skills
– 100% positive feedback from our clients
Our graduates often tell us that the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course has inspired them to strive to continually develop their training and assessing skills. But this isn’t surprising when you consider the wide ranging benefits of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
What our clients say:
“Pete, thank you for your friendly, understanding nature. You put me at ease.” Andrew Adair
“A postive and motivated trainer (Pete) with excellent knowledge & experience.” Michael Cane
“Thank you for your passion (Pete) and positive work environment.” Steve Croft
$3,950 – 20% deposit ($790) charged on registration – invoicing available
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification is a compulsory requirement for trainers and assessors who operate in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. This includes everyone engaged in the training and/or assessing of participants towards nationally recognised qualifications, skill sets or units of competency.
This training and development course gives learners a wide range of practical tools to use in designing, delivering and evaluating training and assessment in the VET sector, including:
- Planning, preparing, delivering and evaluating training for individuals and groups
- Presentation skills
- Unpacking training packages
- Working within the VET framework
- Designing and contextualising learning programs
- Assessing learner needs and performance
Learners will have the opportunity to practise and develop their training and assessment skills in a supportive environment. They will engage in two-way feedback with facilitators and other learners to maximise the learning experience to ensure that participants get the most out of their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
Due to the practical nature of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course, employers and employees alike are sure to see significant professional benefits as a result of attending this course.
One and two day workshops scheduled approximately 4-5 weeks apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
To enrol in this course, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience. You may hold a relevant qualification or have worked in the industry sector. Please contact us for clarification if you are unsure. This qualification requires the learner to read, interpret and produce complex documents.
This qualification is designed for enterprise trainers/assessors, registered training organisation (RTO) trainers/assessors, training advisers or training needs analysts and vocational education teachers.
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
Course commencing on 25 July 2019. Full schedule below.
- Thursday, 25 July 2019
- Friday, 26 July 2019
- Monday 12th August, 2019
- Monday, 26 August 2019
- Tuesday, 27 August 2019
- Thursday, 19 September 2019
- Friday, 20 September 2019
- Thursday, 17 October 2019
- Thursday, 24 October 2019
- Wednesday, 20 November 2019
- Thursday, 21 November 2019
- Thursday, 12 December 2019
- Friday, 13 December 2019
- Thursday, 16 January 2020
- Monday, 17 February 2020
- Tuesday, 18 February 2020
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has inspired them to develop their training and assessing skills and has resulted in:
- improved knowledge of the VET sector and how it operates
- greater confidence and competence in presenting to small and large groups
- self-awareness of skills and abilities
- improvement through personal reflection and challenges
- improved planning for structuring programs and sessions
- the development of the skills to effectively engage adults in training
- better understanding of the diverse needs of learners and how to cater for these
- a deeper understanding of assessment processes
- commitment to continuous improvement in training and assessing
- enhanced communication skills
- employment and professional development opportunities
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake a Diploma qualification from the following:
- TAE50310 – Diploma of International Education Services
- TAE50216 – Diploma of Training Design and Development
What our clients say
“Facilitator was engaging.”
Information was relevant. Did not feel pressure into speaking, etc.Nerissa
“The stories told to demonstrate the learning’s.”
Pete was very engaging and knew what he was talking about. Great training. Thank you. Can’t wait to take it back to work.Past Participant
“Facilitator had great experiences to share and reinforce learning.”
Open discussion. Good handouts for future reference.Natalie McCance
“The style of the facilitator – respectful, knowledgeable, good life stories, funny.”Davinia
“The best things about this session were absolutely everything.”
“Facilitator, resources used to support content, tools given, relaxed and engaging sessions.”Emily Butler
“Well balanced between listening, focusing on own task/learning and group activities to test/demonstrate leadership learning’s.”
Thanks Pete. Great two days and I like the personal stories, etc.Fran
“Dynamic facilitator presenter.”
Presenter had very wide general knowledge and was a volunteer as well.John Naumann
“Pete was extremely positive, engaging, helpful and knowledgeable.”
I felt encouraged and comfortable throughout the course. Thank you Pete.Terry McGuirk
“Although a large amount was covered, as the candidates were switched on it became a hard working dynamic course.”
Candidates were all experienced. Pete’s interaction, knowledge base and ability to engage was outstanding.Rob Perry