Hear more about our programs from one our participants, Adelaide Cooper in this video.
– Exceptional and highly sought after facilitator!
– Highly interactive and lots of fun
– Many opportunities to practise new skills
– 100% positive feedback from our clients
Our graduates often tell us that the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course has inspired them to strive to continually develop their training and assessing skills. But this isn’t surprising when you consider the wide ranging benefits of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
Contact us to if you would like discuss the program requirements including training dates and make a booking to undertake the mandatory Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
With limited places available we encourage you to start your application now.
Call the team on 08 8410 2627 or email: [email protected]
What our clients say:
“Pete, thank you for your friendly, understanding nature. You put me at ease.” Andrew Adair
“A postive and motivated trainer (Pete) with excellent knowledge & experience.” Michael Cane
“Thank you for your passion (Pete) and positive work environment.” Steve Croft
Cost & Inclusions
Option 1: Government Funded program (WorkReady Subsidy) – $1,950 – invoiced to you or your employer. Interest free part payments for the duration of the course available.
If you are not eligible for any Government Funding:
Option 2: $3,950 – 20% deposit ($790) may be required. Interest free part payments for the duration of the course available or alternatively Credit Card (fees apply).
ASC Training & Development does not take payment of more than $1,500 from individuals in a single payment.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- refreshments and morning tea are provided at face to face sessions in our training rooms
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification is a compulsory requirement for trainers and assessors who operate in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. This includes everyone engaged in the training and/or assessing of participants towards nationally recognised qualifications, skill sets or units of competency.
This training and development course gives learners a wide range of practical tools to use in designing, delivering and evaluating training and assessment in the VET sector, including:
- Planning, preparing, delivering and evaluating training for individuals and groups
- Presentation skills
- Unpacking training packages
- Working within the VET framework
- Designing and contextualising learning programs
- Assessing learner needs and performance
Learners will have the opportunity to practise and develop their training and assessment skills in a supportive environment. They will engage in two-way feedback with facilitators and other learners to maximise the learning experience to ensure that participants get the most out of their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
Due to the practical nature of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course, employers and employees alike are sure to see significant professional benefits as a result of attending this course.
One and two day sessions (will include face to face in classroom plus Live Virtual Classroom delivery) scheduled approximately 4-5 weeks apart. You will also undertake 2 units online that are self paced. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
To enrol in this course, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience. You may hold a relevant qualification or have worked in the industry sector. Please contact us for clarification if you are unsure. This qualification requires the learner to read, interpret and produce complex documents.
This qualification is designed for enterprise trainers/assessors, registered training organisation (RTO) trainers/assessors, training advisers or training needs analysts and vocational education teachers.
Participants will be required to undertake all of the following tasks prior to achievement of the qualification:
- Planning and organising the assessment process (including the development of suitable assessment instruments) on a minimum of three (3) separate occasions plus two (2) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessments – using different endorsed or accredited units of competency (or clusters of units of competency) for each occasion. This will include contextualisation and / or reasonable adjustment of delivery and assessment- of at least one candidate.
- Assessing at least five (5) candidates against at least one endorsed or accredited unit of competency according to the organisation’s assessment processes and practices (assessments must be undertaken under the supervision of a qualified assessor and cover an entire unit of competency for each candidate, including: the application of different assessment methods).
- Designing, developing and reviewing a minimum of two (2) learning programs
- Facilitating group-based learning by preparing and delivering at least three (3) training sessions, including at least two (2) consecutive sessions of at least 40 minutes duration, to a learner group of at least eight (8) individuals.
- Carrying out a minimum of three (3) training sessions, involving demonstrating and instructing particular work skills for at least two (2) different individuals or small groups
- Actively participating in a minimum of three (3) validation sessions that address the critical aspects of validation
All students will have the support of a facilitator who can also mentor participants throughout their qualification. The facilitator will support the student throughout the learning process and ensure that participants have received the appropriate amount of training in each skill and knowledge area and can practice and apply the skills and knowledge requirements of each unit of competency.
Each participant will have the opportunity to fully acquire and absorb the required knowledge, and develop skills over time prior to being assessed. To effectively attain the required knowledge and skills of each unit of competency, each participant may be required to participate in class workshops, conduct their own research and complete review activities.
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
Our next course is due to commence on 8 February 2021. Please see below for the full schedule.
- Monday, February 8, 2021
- Friday, March 5, 2021
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Friday, April 23, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Thursday, June 10, 2021
- Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Friday, July 2, 2021
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Thursday, September 23, 2021
Training Venue (Face to Face Courses)
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has inspired them to develop their training and assessing skills and has resulted in:
- improved knowledge of the VET sector and how it operates
- greater confidence and competence in presenting to small and large groups
- self-awareness of skills and abilities
- improvement through personal reflection and challenges
- improved planning for structuring programs and sessions
- the development of the skills to effectively engage adults in training
- better understanding of the diverse needs of learners and how to cater for these
- a deeper understanding of assessment processes
- commitment to continuous improvement in training and assessing
- enhanced communication skills
- employment and professional development opportunities
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake a Diploma qualification from the following:
- TAE50310 – Diploma of International Education Services
- TAE50216 – Diploma of Training Design and Development
- TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
What our clients say
I am just honoured & thrilled to have engaged ASC Training & Development when it come to updating My TAE qualifications.
I endured a marvellous / educational experience from all the teachers / lectures & other students in all class sessions.
There is no doubt that I have gained much required knowledge via the way ASC structured all sessions and Tasks required to be completed.
There is so much of what ASC Training & development has brought to me I am excited to continue to develop, share, practice withing my working environment wherever I venture.
“Facilitator was engaging.”
Information was relevant. Did not feel pressure into speaking, etc.Nerissa
“The stories told to demonstrate the learning’s.”
Pete was very engaging and knew what he was talking about. Great training. Thank you. Can’t wait to take it back to work.Past Participant
“Facilitator had great experiences to share and reinforce learning.”
Open discussion. Good handouts for future reference.Natalie McCance
“The style of the facilitator – respectful, knowledgeable, good life stories, funny.”Davinia
“The best things about this session were absolutely everything.”
“Facilitator, resources used to support content, tools given, relaxed and engaging sessions.”Emily Butler
“Well balanced between listening, focusing on own task/learning and group activities to test/demonstrate leadership learning’s.”
Thanks Pete. Great two days and I like the personal stories, etc.Fran
“Dynamic facilitator presenter.”
Presenter had very wide general knowledge and was a volunteer as well.John Naumann
“Pete was extremely positive, engaging, helpful and knowledgeable.”
I felt encouraged and comfortable throughout the course. Thank you Pete.Terry McGuirk