Work-related deaths have fallen dramatically according to the latest Safe Work Australia Report 2019 – however, there are still too many deaths each year in the workplace. By becoming qualified and experienced you can gain critical knowledge and skills to ensure this does not happen in your workplace (or others).
Keeping employees safe at work is a fundamental requirement of the modern workplace. This is a shared responsibility for employees at all levels within the organisation. The CIV in WHS is designed for employees who work in a WHS role and enables them to provide leadership in WHS to other workers, including:
- Confidence and skills in applying WHS legislation to workplace situations
- Consultation skills with team and management
- Contributing to the organisation’s WHS practices
By enrolling in this qualification, you will have the benefit of learning from our experienced WHS specialists Lewis Stratton and Cheryl Shepherd. Both are experts in their field as well as being experienced facilitators/trainers. Our Live Virtual Classrooms through Zoom are interactive with the facilitators and other participants. You will engage in 3 x 90 minute sessions per day and undertake tasks outside of those times.
ASC Training & Development are an approved SafeWork SA Provider of Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training. To follow on from this training, we offer the CIV in WHS, however HSR training is not required to undertake this qualification.
Cost & Inclusions
Option 1: $3,750 – 20% deposit may be required if you are not accessing funding. Interest free part payments for the duration of the course available or alternatively Credit Card (fees apply).
Option 2: Traineeship Funded program – $1,500 – invoiced up front to employer.
*Nationally Recognised Training is GST free.
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive experience in WHS and Risk Management
- all learning materials
- Certificate (Testamur) upon successful completion
This qualification is an ideal extension for people who have completed HSR training, or who have extensive experience in WHS roles in the workplace, but no formal qualification. Contact us for more information about RPL options.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411 Make a presentation
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
Our next course is due to commence on Tuesday 5 May 2021, please see below for the full schedule.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Monday, July 5, 2021
- Thursday, July 29, 2021
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021
- Friday, September 24, 2021
- Monday, October 25, 2021
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021
- Monday, January 10, 2022
- Friday, February 11, 2022
- Thursday, March 10, 2022
Currently offered vial our Live Virtual Classrooms (Zoom).
Where can the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety take your career?
This qualification will enable you to apply for or work in roles such as:
- WHS Coordinator
- Rehabilitation Coordinator
- WHS and/or Safety Officer
- Safety Representative
- Workplace Safety Contact
- ReturnToWork Assessor
- Or Any Role with Significant Safety Responsibilities
Graduates can undertake BSB51319 – Diploma of Work Health and Safety
What our clients say
I didn’t know why I was even at the course on beginning of first day, but by the end of that day I was so glad I came. Have loved the course and Juanita is an exceptional trainer and a wealth of knowledge!
Thank you so much.Erica Faithfull – Viterra
“The best thing about this session was plenty of help if needed.”L Cooper – Viterra
“The best thing about this session was being in a group environment with other employees from other sites.”Past Participant
“The best thing about this session was that we got to hear what practices are being utilised in other sites/regions.”Past Participant
“The facilitator made the training relaxed.”
Good comfortable environment.Past Participant
“The best things about this session were meeting other workers from the business and gaining knowledge.”Past Participant
“The information was tailored to the industry I work in which made the info easy to digest.”Past Participant Copy
“The information was tailored to the industry I work in which made the info easy to digest.”Past Participant
“Trainer was excellent. Easy to understand the content. Answered my questions or found out if she wasn’t sure.”
I was anxious about this course beforehand, but absolutely loved it.Erica Faithfull – Viterra