- Do you need to convince others in the Department about the merits of your project?
- Do you believe that a good idea sells itself?
- Are you intrigued at the rapid rise through the Department of some colleagues?
- Are you sometimes frustrated by the ‘invisible road blocks’ that get in the way of your good ideas or proposals?
- Do you resent managers who seem to take no action against ‘problem’ staff?
- Do you avoid office politics at all costs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, spend a day with ASC Training & Development to explore the critical role Political Nous (or Savvy) plays in public sector life.
$396 (inc GST)
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive leadership experience
- all learning materials
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
- Defining organisational politics
- What is your political style?
- Manipulation versus influence
- A model of political skills types
- Political nous and organisational values
- Identifying the stakeholders
- Political agendas
- Power and forming alliances
- Bargaining and negotiating
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
- No courses are currently scheduled. Please see below to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
In this course we distinguish between the Machiavellian behaviours of manipulative employees and the behaviours of Ethical Influencers.
Past participants have shared that they will:
- be more aware of political implications at work
- develop stronger strategic work relationships
- use tools supplied to evaluate the political terrain
- consider more broadly all stakeholders
- ask the right questions
What our clients say
“Relaxed informative environment.”
Rob was knowledgeable and gave good responses to questions asked of him.Past Participant – Essentials of Project Management
“The training was interesting descriptive and engaging.”
Valuable.Past Participant – Essentials of Project Management
“Clear structure, good practical experience in Project Management not just theory by the facilitator.”Mark Wilson
“Very well structured, very well presented and enjoyable.”
Thanks for a great learning experience.Paul Gormley
“The best things about this session were good examples / videos.”
Excellent course. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Paula Hajek – Instone Accounting and Business Services
“Concise and relevant.”
Very interactive, was good!Lorraine Duffy – Tafe SA
“Well presented and informative materials.”Andrew Warcup
“Excellent reminder about environmental risk at work, even in an office environment and as employees.”Sonia – HSR Level 2
“The best things about this session were open discussion on topics.”Brett Writer – Byrnecut
“The best things about this session were the understanding of different leadership styles.”Zane Scott – Byrnecut