- Do you need to convince others in the Council about the merits of your project?
- Do you believe that a good idea sells itself?
- Are you intrigued at the rapid rise through the organisation of some colleagues?
- Are you sometimes frustrated by the ‘invisible road blocks’ that get in the way of your good ideas or reports?
- Do you resent managers who seem to take no action against ‘problem’ staff?
- Do you avoid office politics at all costs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, spend a day with ASC Training & Development to explore the critical role Political Nous (or Savvy) plays in council life.
Cost & Inclusions
$396 (inc GST)
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive leadership experience
- all learning materials
- Defining organisational politics
- What is your political style?
- Manipulation versus influence
- A model of political skills types
- Political nous and organisational values
- Identifying the stakeholders
- Political agendas
- Power and forming alliances
- Bargaining and negotiating
Location & Dates
Training Venue (Face to Face Courses)
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
In this course we distinguish between the Machiavellian behaviours of manipulative employees and the behaviours of Ethical Influencers.
Past participants have shared that they will:
- be more aware of political implications at work
- develop stronger strategic work relationships
- use tools supplied to evaluate the political terrain
- consider more broadly all stakeholders
- ask the right questions
What our clients say
I am just honoured & thrilled to have engaged ASC Training & Development when it come to updating My TAE qualifications.
I endured a marvellous / educational experience from all the teachers / lectures & other students in all class sessions.
There is no doubt that I have gained much required knowledge via the way ASC structured all sessions and Tasks required to be completed.
There is so much of what ASC Training & development has brought to me I am excited to continue to develop, share, practice withing my working environment wherever I venture.
“Facilitator was engaging.”
Information was relevant. Did not feel pressure into speaking, etc.Nerissa
“The stories told to demonstrate the learning’s.”
Pete was very engaging and knew what he was talking about. Great training. Thank you. Can’t wait to take it back to work.Past Participant
“Facilitator had great experiences to share and reinforce learning.”
Open discussion. Good handouts for future reference.Natalie McCance
“The style of the facilitator – respectful, knowledgeable, good life stories, funny.”Davinia
“The best things about this session were absolutely everything.”
“Facilitator, resources used to support content, tools given, relaxed and engaging sessions.”Emily Butler
“Well balanced between listening, focusing on own task/learning and group activities to test/demonstrate leadership learning’s.”
Thanks Pete. Great two days and I like the personal stories, etc.Fran
“Dynamic facilitator presenter.”
Presenter had very wide general knowledge and was a volunteer as well.John Naumann
“Pete was extremely positive, engaging, helpful and knowledgeable.”
I felt encouraged and comfortable throughout the course. Thank you Pete.Terry McGuirk