This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical tools to take back to the workplace including:
- communicating at all levels in the organisation
- building effective and engaged teams
- inspiring and developing others
- managing performance
- working with financial systems
- implementing sound WHS practices
- managing self through professional development
- implementing continuous improvement systems
- developing learning and development culture in the organisation
- enhancing emotional intelligence
Whether attending as part of an organisational leadership team or as an individual, learners will have the opportunity to;
- engage in problem solving
- develop, implement and review strategies to improve staff productivity, relationships and business outcomes
- develop themselves as effective managers and leaders
$3,500 – 20% deposit ($700) charged on registration – invoicing available
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
One day workshops scheduled approximately 4-5 weeks apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification however the Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for aspiring or current managers/leaders. Experience in the workplace is considered essential.
This qualification is ideal for people looking for career development. It is well suited to those who manage others, aspire to a leadership role or contribute to management practice in their organisation.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect key management competencies.
Location & Dates
Course attendance dates:
The current course has commenced however each workshop can be undertaken individually ($350/unit). Please see the course brochure for the unit schedule and click the enquire now button to contact us if you would like to register for any workshop(s). Each workshop will be a half-day (9am-1pm). There will also be several one-hour webinars (schedule TBA).
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.auclick on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has been a significant enabler for career development and promotion and has resulted in:
- greater confidence in managing and working with others
- better grasp of financial and operational management
- knowing when to lead and when to manage
- establishment of enduring networks
- enhanced relationships with customers and/or suppliers
- capacity building in areas such as risk management, WHS, problem solving and staff development
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
Graduates can undertake the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
What our clients say
“This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills.”
This has made me really think about my current skills as a leader, what I do well and what I need to do better. This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills. This course has been excellent. As a faculty head in a large college, it has given me an opportunity to reflect on my strengths and weaknesses as a leader and to find new ways to solve problems and to move forward with leading a strong and dynamic team of educators.Louise Skelton
“The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills.”
Max was an outstanding facilitator, mentor, guide and trainer. He presented a well-paced, fascinating series of learning that allowed ample time for personal and group reflection. The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills. Thank you Max and ASC. Ps Online learning is better than nothing, but “we learn together” is so true. It is so important that we have more time to learn face to face.Sue O’Malley
“Can I just say thank you to you and your team.”
Particularly Max (our trainer) it was an excellent program with fantastic support systems and customer service.
So, thank you. MelMelanie Harding
“The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial.”
I found the Diploma of Management (Education) run by Max Rayner at ASC extremely rewarding. The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial. ASC staff have been understanding of the balance required between study and full time work. Many thanks Max.Past Participant