This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical tools to take back to the workplace including:
- communicating at all levels in the organisation
- building effective and engaged teams
- inspiring and developing others
- managing performance
- working with financial systems
- implementing sound WHS practices
- managing self through professional development
- implementing continuous improvement systems
- developing learning and development culture in the organisation
- enhancing emotional intelligence
Whether attending as part of an organisational leadership team or as an individual, learners will have the opportunity to;
- engage in problem solving
- develop, implement and review strategies to improve staff productivity, relationships and business outcomes
- develop themselves as effective managers and leaders
The Department of Innovation and Skills has approved ASC Training & Development to deliver this qualification under a Traineeship – Contract of Training. Training places for this qualification are now available for eligible South Australians.
For more information, visit our Traineeship Information page.
Contact us to if you would like discuss the program requirements including training dates and make a booking to undertake the mandatory Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
With limited places available we encourage you to start your application now.
Call the team on 08 8410 2627 or email: [email protected]
Cost & Inclusions
Option 1: $4,850 – 20% deposit ($790) charged on registration if part payments not needed.
Option 2: $4,850 – 5% deposit – Contact us for Interest free part payments via Direct Debit or alternatively Credit Card (fees apply).
Option 3: Traineeship Funded program – $2,300 – invoiced up front to employer.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
- 3 x 90 minute Live Virtual Classrooms with the facilitator on each scheduled day
- Support outside of training hours
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
3 x 90 minute Live Virtual Classrooms scheduled on each day. Each scheduled day is approximately 4-5 weeks apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification however the Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for aspiring or current managers/leaders. Experience in the workplace is considered essential.
This qualification is ideal for people looking for career development. It is well suited to those who manage others, aspire to a leadership role or contribute to management practice in their organisation.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect key management competencies.
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
Our next course is due to commence on 12 November 2020. Please see below for the full schedule.
- Thursday, 12 November 2020
- Monday, 14 December2020
- Tuesday, 19 January 2021
- Wednesday, 24 February 2021
- Friday, 26 March 2021
- Thursday, 29 April 2021
- Tuesday, 1 June 2021
- Monday, 12 July 2021
- Thursday, 19 August 2021
- Friday 1 October 2021
- Monday, 8 November 2021
- Final Day – TBA
For further specific information regarding each of these units, please visit: www.training.gov.auclick on ‘Competencies’ and type in the required unit code.
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Our graduates tell us that this course has been a significant enabler for career development and promotion and has resulted in:
- greater confidence in managing and working with others
- better grasp of financial and operational management
- knowing when to lead and when to manage
- establishment of enduring networks
- enhanced relationships with customers and/or suppliers
- capacity building in areas such as risk management, WHS, problem solving and staff development
Employers tell us that there have been significant and measurable benefits to the workplace as a result of staff attending this course.
This qualification may lead to potential job opportunities in the following roles:
- Implementation Manager
- Stage Manager
- Associate Manager
- Management Assistant
- Team Leader
- Operations Manager
- IT Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Branch Manager
Graduates can undertake the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
What our clients say
“The facilitator was very engaging and made the session enjoyable.”William Thurling – City of Adelaide
“The best thing about this session was the clear, precise and well presented information.”Josh Arthur
“The best thing about this session was the facilitator.”
Pete was friendly, engaging and knowledgeable! Looking forward to the next session!
Stuart Spalding – Skycity Entertainment Group
“I’ve really enjoyed and learnt a lot from this course and all of the facilitators and support team have been awesome.”Kelly MacDonald – City of Charles Sturt
“I’d highly recommend this course.”
The Diploma of Leadership and Management was a practical and useful course, suitable for experienced and emerging leaders alike. Facilitators are experienced, friendly and approachable.Jane Grech – JG Creative
“ASC are committed to providing a supportive and quality learning experience.”
I would recommend ASC for those adults wanting to undertake further study.Kelly Benke – City of Charles Sturt