This Level 1 course is an introductory course for those Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) who have not received any prior training and should be undertaken in the first year of their 3 year term of office. Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSRs) are entitled to attend this course of training which is approved by the SafeWork SA Advisory Committee. Without this course a HSR or DHSR cannot issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN).
The course aims to:-
- Help the HSR consult with the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) on behalf of the work group about compliance with the requirements of the Act.
- Learners will gain knowledge and understanding of the roles, duties and responsibilities for workplace health and safety under the Act.
- Ensure learners gain an appreciation of the importance of appropriate worker and PCBU attitudes to work health & safety by exploring workplace culture will be explored.
- Ensure HSRs and DHSRs are familiar with the risk management process.
- Give participants the skills to make a case for positive workplace change to senior management.
Cost & Inclusions
$990 (inc GST)
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
Please contact the Workplace Consultation Program (SafeWork SA) on 1300 365 255 to determine if you are eligible for any subsidies.
Live Virtual Classrooms – 3 x up to 90 minute sessions per day on each of the 5 days.
The training may be scheduled over 5 consecutive days or a block of 3 days in one week and 2 days in another.
For in-house/group bookings the course can be delivered at a client’s premises.
- Introduction to work, health & safety
- Work Health and safety legislation duties and roles
- Using the WHS Regulations
- Perform the functions and exercise the powers of a health and safety representative
- Risk management
- Incident Investigation
- Role of health and safety committees
- Consultation and conflict resolution
- Research, prepare and present a case on a work health safety issue
Location & Dates
- Live Virtual Classroom – 2, 3, 4, 10 & 11 February 2022
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) play a pivotal role in keeping South Australian workplaces safe. By representing workers in their work group, HSRs provide a means for workers to raise safety issues within their workplace, and follow a process with employers to resolve them.
What our clients say
“The best things about this session were the use of real life examples.”
Surprisingly interesting!Melissa Taylor
“The best thing about this session was the facilitator and group discussions.”
Juanita was great, very helpful and kind.Jordan Ross
“Thank you Lewis your knowledge is valuable and your ability to relate to all attendees is great.”
Everyone felt comfortable to ask questions.Sue Jacka
“Great knowledge from facilitator expressed and taught during these sessions.”Robert Reed
“Informative, relevant, interesting stories of hazards/incidents.”Sharon Noonan
“Lewis’s knowledge and experience, the content being relevant to my work area.”
Very enjoyable training session both with other trainees and facilitator.Colleen Dunn
“The best thing about this training was the real life scenarios”
– good subject knowledge by facilitator.Beatrice Fewster