This Level 1 course is an introductory course for those Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) who have not received any prior training and should be undertaken in the first year of their 3 year term of office. Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSRs) are entitled to attend this course of training which is approved by the SafeWork SA Advisory Committee. Without this course a HSR or DHSR cannot issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN).
The course aims to:-
- Help the HSR consult with the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) on behalf of the work group about compliance with the requirements of the Act.
- Learners will gain knowledge and understanding of the roles, duties and responsibilities for workplace health and safety under the Act.
- Ensure learners gain an appreciation of the importance of appropriate worker and PCBU attitudes to work health & safety by exploring workplace culture will be explored.
- Ensure HSRs and DHSRs are familiar with the risk management process.
- Give participants the skills to make a case for positive workplace change to senior management.
$990 (inc GST)
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Please contact the Workplace Consultation Program (SafeWork SA) on 1300 365 255 to determine if you are eligible for any subsidies.
The training is delivered face-to-face in a classroom based learning environment. The duration of training is over a 5 day period, each day from 9am – 4.30pm.
The training may be scheduled over 5 consecutive days or a block of 3 days in one week and 2 days in another.
For in-house/group bookings the course can be delivered at a client’s premises.
- Introduction to work, health & safety
- Work Health and safety legislation duties and roles
- Using the WHS Regulations
- Perform the functions and exercise the powers of a health and safety representative
- Risk management
- Incident Investigation
- Role of health and safety committees
- Consultation and conflict resolution
- Research, prepare and present a case on an work health safety issue
Location & Dates
- Adelaide – 7, 8, 9 20 & 21 March 2018 (Course full)
- Adelaide – 9, 10, 11, 26 & 27 April 2018
Please note: all sessions are from 9:00am – 4:30pm
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) play a pivotal role in keeping South Australian workplaces safe. By representing workers in their work group, HSRs provide a means for workers to raise safety issues within their workplace, and follow a process with employers to resolve them.
What our clients say
“This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills.”
This has made me really think about my current skills as a leader, what I do well and what I need to do better. This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills. This course has been excellent. As a faculty head in a large college, it has given me an opportunity to reflect on my strengths and weaknesses as a leader and to find new ways to solve problems and to move forward with leading a strong and dynamic team of educators.Louise Skelton
“The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills.”
Max was an outstanding facilitator, mentor, guide and trainer. He presented a well-paced, fascinating series of learning that allowed ample time for personal and group reflection. The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills. Thank you Max and ASC. Ps Online learning is better than nothing, but “we learn together” is so true. It is so important that we have more time to learn face to face.Sue O’Malley
“Can I just say thank you to you and your team.”
Particularly Max (our trainer) it was an excellent program with fantastic support systems and customer service.
So, thank you. MelMelanie Harding
“The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial.”
I found the Diploma of Management (Education) run by Max Rayner at ASC extremely rewarding. The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial. ASC staff have been understanding of the balance required between study and full time work. Many thanks Max.Past Participant