This Level 1 course is an introductory course for those Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) who have not received any prior training and should be undertaken in the first year of their 3 year term of office. Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSRs) are entitled to attend this course of training which is approved by the SafeWork SA Advisory Committee. Without this course a HSR or DHSR cannot issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN).
The course aims to:-
- Help the HSR consult with the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) on behalf of the work group about compliance with the requirements of the Act.
- Learners will gain knowledge and understanding of the roles, duties and responsibilities for workplace health and safety under the Act.
- Ensure learners gain an appreciation of the importance of appropriate worker and PCBU attitudes to work health & safety by exploring workplace culture will be explored.
- Ensure HSRs and DHSRs are familiar with the risk management process.
- Give participants the skills to make a case for positive workplace change to senior management.
$990 (inc GST)
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- course learning materials
- certification upon successful completion
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Please contact the Workplace Consultation Program (SafeWork SA) on 1300 365 255 to determine if you are eligible for any subsidies.
The training is delivered face-to-face in a classroom based learning environment. The duration of training is over a 5 day period, each day from 9am – 4.30pm.
The training may be scheduled over 5 consecutive days or a block of 3 days in one week and 2 days in another.
For in-house/group bookings the course can be delivered at a client’s premises.
- Introduction to work, health & safety
- Work Health and safety legislation duties and roles
- Using the WHS Regulations
- Perform the functions and exercise the powers of a health and safety representative
- Risk management
- Incident Investigation
- Role of health and safety committees
- Consultation and conflict resolution
- Research, prepare and present a case on an work health safety issue
Location & Dates
- Adelaide – 6, 7, 8, 21 & 22 March 2019
Please note: all sessions are from 9:00am – 4:30pm
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) play a pivotal role in keeping South Australian workplaces safe. By representing workers in their work group, HSRs provide a means for workers to raise safety issues within their workplace, and follow a process with employers to resolve them.
What our clients say
The best thing about this session was the course was very well run and organised.Pieter Buitenga
“Friendly ASC Staff & Lewis definitely the right man for the job.”
The best things about this session was the trainer – kept us engaged with a stories, facts, knowledge and manner.Justin Griffiths
“I learnt a lot. Thank you Lewis.”
Lewis was very patient addressing all our questions and very knowledgable (& funny). Very useful content with practice applying this knowledge.Tess Smith
“The best thing about this session was knowledge gained from experienced trainer.”Ian Chamberlain – Accolade Wines
“Ruth was very engaging and accommodating and knew her stuff.”Jane Wood – Accolade Wines
“Good knowledge of the Topic. Excellent location and facilities.”
Appropriate breaks and good mix of participants.Felicity Alexander
“Bullying session was very relevant together with workplace health and return to work.”
Very flexible with the learning and discussion.Lynne Hooper
“The course was presented with a good mix of activities, group discussions, videos and presentations.”
The best thing about this session was the information provided on chemical safety, plant and equipment safety as audits are completed annually on these. The section on bullying was very relevant as my work place is restructuring.Julie Hill
“Lewis is an engaging and knowledgeable presenter with great real life examples.”Elysa Bailey
“The best things about this session were the clear timetable and the facilitator kept on track.”
Clear and easy to follow content. Facilitator easy to listen too and knowledgeable. Lovely, comfortable environment.Melanie Kaehne