No matter what your role is in an organisation, this one-day event provides both a legal and psychological perspective in what to do and what to avoid when dealing with a mental health concern. The workshop will take both a preventative stance, and provide practical tips on how to lead a conversation about mental health and individual underperformance. Dealing with workers compensation claims associated with mental illness will also be explored.
With leading subject experts, participants will walk away with a sound understanding of:
- Financial costs of mental health issues and the consequences of not managing mental health difficulties.
- Legal context surrounding mental health, poor performance and workers compensation claims.
- Common issues encountered when managing complex mental health workers compensation cases and tips for managing them.
- Methods to deal with individual performance when the root cause is associated with a psychological injury or episode.
- How to have difficult performance discussions when underlying sensitivities such as mental health exist.
Does this sound like the course for you?
After completion of our simple registration form you will be sent a confirmation email within 24 hours by one of our friendly team members.
$440 (inc GST)
$396 (inc GST) for SISA members
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at session
- course learning materials
- Certificate of Attendance
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
We have assembled a team of subject experts who specialise in assisting individuals and employers to improve work performance where mental health issues exist.
Our speakers include:
- Luke Broomhall & Samantha Young, Directors, Broomhall Young Psychology
- Will Snow, Senior Associate, Finlaysons Lawyers
- Alex Dickinson, Learning & Development Consultant, ASC Training & Development
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
- No courses are currently scheduled. Please see below to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
What our clients say
“Facilitator was engaging.”
Information was relevant. Did not feel pressure into speaking, etc.Nerissa
“The stories told to demonstrate the learning’s.”
Pete was very engaging and knew what he was talking about. Great training. Thank you. Can’t wait to take it back to work.Past Participant
“Facilitator had great experiences to share and reinforce learning.”
Open discussion. Good handouts for future reference.Natalie McCance
“The style of the facilitator – respectful, knowledgeable, good life stories, funny.”Davinia
“The best things about this session were absolutely everything.”
“Facilitator, resources used to support content, tools given, relaxed and engaging sessions.”Emily Butler
“Well balanced between listening, focusing on own task/learning and group activities to test/demonstrate leadership learning’s.”
Thanks Pete. Great two days and I like the personal stories, etc.Fran
“Dynamic facilitator presenter.”
Presenter had very wide general knowledge and was a volunteer as well.John Naumann
“Pete was extremely positive, engaging, helpful and knowledgeable.”
I felt encouraged and comfortable throughout the course. Thank you Pete.Terry McGuirk
“Although a large amount was covered, as the candidates were switched on it became a hard working dynamic course.”
Candidates were all experienced. Pete’s interaction, knowledge base and ability to engage was outstanding.Rob Perry