A series of workshops that explore contemporary educational leadership issues and practices in the key operational areas of school management.
Based on the nationally recognised Diploma of Management, but delivered as individual non-accredited courses, each course is 3 hours in duration. You may elect to come for one session only or enrol in two sessions across a full day (am and pm courses).
Would you like to join our waiting list to be notified of our next course?
Please complete our very simple expression of interest form and one of our friendly team members will notify you as soon as this course is scheduled.
Workshops 1, 2 & 4
3 hour workshops = $190 + GST
Full day workshop = $380 + GST
- highly skilled facilitators with extensive leadership experience
- all learning materials
- continuous coffee, tea and morning tea are provided at sessions
- Certificate of Attendance
- there are many quality food vendors within 1-2 min walk for you to purchase your lunch, or you are welcome to bring your own lunch if you wish
Workshop 1 – Not Scheduled
Essentials of managing yourself as a leader
9am – 12pm
- What makes an effective leader?
- How do you manage the leadership role?
- What are the professional learning needs of leaders?
Essentials of effective team management
1pm – 4pm
- How do leaders facilitate and contribute to effective teamwork in schools?
- What processes can leadership teams use to enhance team effectiveness?
Workshop 2 – Not Scheduled
Essentials of managing people performance
9am – 12pm
- What is an effective performance and development program?
- What skills are needed to support and enhance performance and development?
Essentials of managing workplace bullying and harassment
1pm – 4pm
- What is the legislative framework covering workplace bullying & harassment?
- How can leaders identify the risk factors for their site?
- What are the positive/ negative impacts of organisational culture & leadership?
- What organisational tools & management practices are available to positively address these issues?
Workshop 3 – Not Scheduled
Essentials of project management
9am – 4pm
- What are the benefits of a project management approach?
- What are the basic steps in defining a project’s scope and planning a project?
- How can projects be effectively executed and closed?
Workshop 4 – Not Scheduled
Essentials of innovation and continuous improvement
9am – 12pm
- How can you lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes?
- How do systems of improvement, effectiveness and accountability support school effectiveness?
- How can data be analysed to monitor and adjust performance strategies?
Essentials of budgets and financial plans
1pm – 4pm
- What “financial intelligence” do school leaders need to have to make sound educational decisions?
- How do you read an income statement, a balance sheet and a cash flow statement?
- What is the difference between profit and cash, and how to employ financial ratio analysis?
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
- No courses are currently scheduled. Please see below to register your interest.
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
These courses can also be delivered at your site. Contact us for details/costs.
What our clients say
I am just honoured & thrilled to have engaged ASC Training & Development when it come to updating My TAE qualifications.
I endured a marvellous / educational experience from all the teachers / lectures & other students in all class sessions.
There is no doubt that I have gained much required knowledge via the way ASC structured all sessions and Tasks required to be completed.
There is so much of what ASC Training & development has brought to me I am excited to continue to develop, share, practice withing my working environment wherever I venture.
“Facilitator was engaging.”
Information was relevant. Did not feel pressure into speaking, etc.Nerissa
“The stories told to demonstrate the learning’s.”
Pete was very engaging and knew what he was talking about. Great training. Thank you. Can’t wait to take it back to work.Past Participant
“Facilitator had great experiences to share and reinforce learning.”
Open discussion. Good handouts for future reference.Natalie McCance
“The style of the facilitator – respectful, knowledgeable, good life stories, funny.”Davinia
“The best things about this session were absolutely everything.”
“Facilitator, resources used to support content, tools given, relaxed and engaging sessions.”Emily Butler
“Well balanced between listening, focusing on own task/learning and group activities to test/demonstrate leadership learning’s.”
Thanks Pete. Great two days and I like the personal stories, etc.Fran
“Dynamic facilitator presenter.”
Presenter had very wide general knowledge and was a volunteer as well.John Naumann
“Pete was extremely positive, engaging, helpful and knowledgeable.”
I felt encouraged and comfortable throughout the course. Thank you Pete.Terry McGuirk