We are located on Leigh Street, 300m from the Adelaide Railway Station.
Participants are supported in their learning by qualified and experienced facilitators and helpful and responsive office administration staff. We strive to ensure every participant’s learning experience is memorable, rewarding and relevant.
Learning Support Coordinator
We understand people do not learn in the same way, and for some there may be factors that present additional challenges to learning. These may include:
- Physical impairment (wheelchair mobility; back, hand and shoulder injuries that make writing/sitting difficult)
- Hearing impairment
- Learning difficulties such as dyslexia, learning retention, reading, writing or numeracy skills
- Visual impairment
- Language (English as a second language)
Over the past 23 years of providing training and development services we have worked successfully with a number of learners who have required additional assistance, including support in each of the areas mentioned above.
To determine the appropriate support for our learners and to ensure they are not disadvantaged, we ask them complete an online language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment prior to enrolment. This enables us to direct learners who may need additional assistance to appropriate resources.
In the first instance, please contact our Learning Support Coordinator, Max Rayner (Ph. 8410 2627) if you have any questions. All conversations are treated in the strictest confidence.
We have a growing suite of online learning courses and a team dedicated to creating high quality learner centred products. Our courses are designed to be accessed by individuals 24/7. We also build and customise programs for corporate clients to meet their business needs.
We provide training via face-face workshops, online courses and blends of these. We also provide distance learning options.
Our staff keep abreast of funding opportunities, both at state and federal level. Contact us to find out about the most current opportunities to access funding for individuals and organisations.
When you are elected as a Health & Safety Rep and book into a HSR course, you will need to be allocated a ID number by SafeWork SA. Your employer will need to visit this link: www.safework.sa.gov.au/licence/home or ring SafeWork SA Help Centre on 1300 365 255. Only the employer will be able to access this number from SafeWork. We need your HSR ID Number prior to you attending training.
- To find out more information on the USI website about your ‘Transcript/Training Records’.
- The ‘Your USI Transcript’ fact sheet
- When will my training appear on my USI Transcript?’ fact sheet
- The ‘How to view and download my USI Transcript’ video
When you have completed HSR Level 2, you would need a letter from a manager to verify that you participate in communication meetings, workplace inspections and/or risk evaluations and risk control planning. You will then be able to apply for RPL in the following units from the Certificate IV in WHS:
|BSBWHS402||Assist with Compliance with WHS Laws|
|BSBWHS403||Contribute to Implementation and maintaining WHS Consultation and participation processes|
|BSBWHS504||Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control|
If you hold the Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, you can also apply for RPL in the unit: BSBCMM401 Make a Presentation.
If you write complex reports at work, a letter from your manager verifying what reports and how often, you can apply for RPL in the unit: BSBWRT401 Write complex documents.
We now offer 2 options to make part payments towards your invoice:
- Option 1: Interest free from your nominated bank account – We will send you a link to enter your details through GoCardless. This is a simple process that only takes a few steps to set up and link the bank account you choose to have your part payments deducted from.
- Option 2: Credit Card part payments – fees apply. We will collect your Credit Card details and set up part payments via eWay. Fees vary for Visa and Mastercard.
All payments will be deducted on the dates agreed with ASC Training prior to setting up one of these 2 options.
Yes, we can send an invoice to your employer. We just need you to enter their details when you register online.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process where students can show competency through prior training or experience.
RPL is not applicable to HSR training and the full course must be attended to be achieve the certificate.