This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical supervisory and management skills to take back to the workplace including:
- Personal skill development in self-awareness, time management, goal setting and stress management
- Leadership and team development skills
- Strategies and tools to create business improvement opportunities
- WHS essentials all managers should know
- Tools for continuous improvement and innovation
- Operational planning
- Customer service strategies and processes
- How to give a professional presentation
$2,850 – 20% deposit ($570) charged on registration – invoicing available
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
Note – from 1 March 2018 the cost for this qualification will increase to $3,500.
– refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
– course learning materials
– certification upon successful completion
One day workshops scheduled approximately one month apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
This qualification is designed for people who are at the first line of management acting in a supervisory role and reporting to a manager. They provide leadership and guidance and take responsibility for a team.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect leadership and management competencies.
4 core units:
– BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
– BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
– BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
– BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
8 Elective Units:
– BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
– BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
– BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
– BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
– BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
– BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
– BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
– BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
Location & Dates
Course attendance dates
- Course commencing 18 April 2018. Remaining 11 dates TBA soon. Each workshop will be a full day (9am-4:30pm).
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Completion of the CIV in Leadership and Management provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to step up into supervisory and leadership roles. For graduates currently in a leadership role this qualification will assist in potential advancement through the organisation.
Graduates can undertake the Diploma of Leadership & Management.
What our clients say
“This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills.”
This has made me really think about my current skills as a leader, what I do well and what I need to do better. This has opened up a new learning option and paved the way for me to continue to improve my leadership skills. This course has been excellent. As a faculty head in a large college, it has given me an opportunity to reflect on my strengths and weaknesses as a leader and to find new ways to solve problems and to move forward with leading a strong and dynamic team of educators.Louise Skelton
“The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills.”
Max was an outstanding facilitator, mentor, guide and trainer. He presented a well-paced, fascinating series of learning that allowed ample time for personal and group reflection. The program has added significantly to my leadership and organisational skills. Thank you Max and ASC. Ps Online learning is better than nothing, but “we learn together” is so true. It is so important that we have more time to learn face to face.Sue O’Malley
“Can I just say thank you to you and your team.”
Particularly Max (our trainer) it was an excellent program with fantastic support systems and customer service.
So, thank you. MelMelanie Harding
“The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial.”
I found the Diploma of Management (Education) run by Max Rayner at ASC extremely rewarding. The ability to work within an environment of like-minded educational leaders was beneficial. ASC staff have been understanding of the balance required between study and full time work. Many thanks Max.Past Participant