The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification prepares participants for leadership and management roles in a wide range of different organisations and industries. At this level managers provide leadership and guidance to others and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of the team and its work outcomes.
In this leadership and management qualification you will undertake training in the key areas of operational planning, business finance, reporting, WHS, meeting, communications and leadership and management.
This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical supervisory and management skills to take back to the workplace including:
- Personal skill development in self-awareness, time management, goal setting and stress management
- Leadership and team development skills
- Strategies and tools to create business improvement opportunities
- WHS essentials all managers should know
- Tools for continuous improvement and innovation
- Operational planning
- Customer service strategies and processes
- How to give a professional presentation
The Department of Innovation and Skills has approved ASC Training & Development to deliver this qualification under a Traineeship – Contract of Training. Training places for this qualification are now available for eligible South Australians.
For more information, visit our Traineeship Information page.
Contact us to if you would like discuss the program requirements including training dates and make a booking to undertake the mandatory Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
With limited places available we encourage you to start your application now.
Call the team on 08 8410 2627 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost & Inclusions
Option 1: $3,950 – 20% deposit ($790) charged on registration if part payments not needed.
Option 2: $3,950 – 5% deposit – Contact us for Interest free part payments via Direct Debit or alternatively Credit Card (fees apply).
Option 3: Traineeship Funded program – $1,950 – invoiced up front to employer.
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
– refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
– course learning materials
– certification upon successful completion
One day workshops scheduled approximately one month apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
This qualification is designed for people who are at the first line of management acting in a supervisory role and reporting to a manager. They provide leadership and guidance and take responsibility for a team.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect leadership and management competencies.
5 core units:
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
8 Elective Units:
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
Location & Dates
Course Details and Schedule
Our next course is due to commence on 16 March 2021. Please see below for the full schedule.
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Friday, April 16, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Friday, August 13, 2021
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- Monday, October 11, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Friday, March 18, 2022
- Monday, April 11, 2022
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Completion of the CIV in Leadership and Management provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to step up into supervisory and leadership roles. For graduates currently in a leadership role this qualification will assist in potential advancement through the organisation.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Project Assistant/Leader
Graduates can undertake the Diploma of Leadership & Management.
What our clients say
“Good range of learning resources”
– video, group chats, game, PowerPoint.Past Participant
“The best thing about this session was the well laid out information and presentation.”
Happy with today’s content and rollout.Ben
“Well delivered. Easy to follow and understand.”
Facilitator generated great group discussions.Nick Kinross
“The best thing about this session was the open discussions and stories/scenarios from other attendees.”Kelley – Rural City of Murray Bridge
“The best thing about this session was the storytelling and sharing.”
A good pace of theory with practical. There was a good balance of blended learning – I didn’t feel there was anything to improve. Love the venue location.Luisa Visentin – City of Tea Tree Gully
“The workshop was interested and interactive throughout the day.”Sam – City of Tea Tree Gully
“I enjoyed the workshop style and the facilitator’s ability to use ‘real’ examples when providing information.”Past Participant – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
“I enjoyed Pete sharing his knowledge and experience through story telling and relatable examples.”Past Participant – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
“Another great session developing more self awareness and communication skills.”
The best thing was sharing stories with others and brainstorming ideas with the group.Past Participant – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
“The best things about this session were open discussion on topics.”Brett Writer – Byrnecut