The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification prepares participants for leadership and management roles in a wide range of different organisations and industries. At this level managers provide leadership and guidance to others and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of the team and its work outcomes.
In this leadership and management qualification you will undertake training in the key areas of operational planning, business finance, reporting, WHS, meeting, communications and leadership and management.
This qualification gives learners a wide range of practical supervisory and management skills to take back to the workplace including:
- Personal skill development in self-awareness, time management, goal setting and stress management
- Leadership and team development skills
- Strategies and tools to create business improvement opportunities
- WHS essentials all managers should know
- Tools for continuous improvement and innovation
- Operational planning
- Customer service strategies and processes
- How to give a professional presentation
$3,500 – 20% deposit ($700) charged on registration – invoicing available
Nationally recognised training is GST free.
– refreshments and morning tea are provided at sessions
– course learning materials
– certification upon successful completion
One day workshops scheduled approximately one month apart. Assessment tasks are completed between sessions. We recommend learners set aside 10 – 15 hours/assessment.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
This qualification is designed for people who are at the first line of management acting in a supervisory role and reporting to a manager. They provide leadership and guidance and take responsibility for a team.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency based on the qualification packaging rules, located at www.training.gov.au.
Based on many years’ experience working with a wide range of organisations, ASC Training & Development have customised this qualification to reflect leadership and management competencies.
4 core units:
– BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
– BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
– BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
– BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
8 Elective Units:
– BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
– BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
– BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
– BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
– BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
– BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
– BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
– BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
Location & Dates
Course attendance dates
- Course commencing 18 April 2018. Each workshop will be a full day (9am-4:30pm).
18 April 2018
14 May 2018
6 June 2018
3 July 2018
1 August 2018
28 August 2018
21 September 2018
16 October 2018
7 November 2018
27 November 2018
14 December 2018
ASC Training & Development
Level 2, 5 Leigh Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Graduate Outcomes & Opportunities
Completion of the CIV in Leadership and Management provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to step up into supervisory and leadership roles. For graduates currently in a leadership role this qualification will assist in potential advancement through the organisation.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Project Assistant/Leader
Graduates can undertake the Diploma of Leadership & Management.
What our clients say
A good time for discussion and sharing of actual situations/examples. It was well broken down into manageable learning sessions.Annalie Morgan
I have learnt so much more than anticipated and it has helped tie in a lot of my responsibilities at work. It helped to put case studies together with back up which resulted in solutions to be implemented.Taeleen Janiak
Learning about the work health and safety legislation and how it relates directly to the my nursing occupation/workplace.Angus Lloyd
The sessions were informal & there was a laugh which calmed my nerves assisting me to learn. Ruth was awesome! I really enjoyed the course and feel more educated / supported enough to fill my role as HSR.Chantal McGrath